“Quantifiable monetary losses can be directly tied to the aftermath of cyberattacks in lost revenue, unexpected budget expenditures and drops in stock values,” according to the report. “Protracted repercussions are most likely to emerge as a result of negative customer experiences, damage to brand reputation and loss of customers.”
- 'Owned' by someone in your organisation who is at least capable of logging in regularly and checking it.
- Regularly updated (both the core and plugins/extensions) and scanned for malware and bad traffic in real-time.
- Logging what is happening on the site. Know what is normal traffic and activity and what might need further investigation.
- Backed up both locally and remotely. Most issues we see can be immediately resolved by reverting to a previous, clean backup and then investigating the cause of the incident followed by cleaning and securing.
- Regularly audited to ensure you are using best practice security including renewals of your domain name.